Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Contest a la The Voice?

If you haven't seen it, head over to Krista V.'s blog Mother. Write.(Repeat.) and check out the contest rolling out on May 3rd.

150 people will sign up to post their query and first 250 words on their own blogs. The four writers hosting the contest will choose their teams and coach them. The new versions will be posted on the hosting writer's blogs, and voting by 8 agents will ensue. Entries with lots of interest will get requests.

But...the entries must completed, polished and ready to query. Which is where my dilemma comes in. I've sent out my first 50 of Book of Breathings to a few readers and gotten a great response. I'm writing like mad right now, it's just flowing...is it possible to finish it in time to enter this contest, or should I make my revisions to Ways to Fall and submit that?

I think I'm going to give BoB my best shot. At the very least, it will be great motivation to get it done!

7 comments:

  1. I read about this contest. Still trying to decide whether to enter or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout-out, Kelly! And I just realized that, for all intents and purposes, your work-in-progress is named Bob. I think that's awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm kind of in the same position. I was planning to simply enter DRIVERS, but I'm starting revisions on the new one. I figure I've got until May 21 to get it polished, as no one will want the rest of the book until then.

    Sooo...can I enter two novels?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patti- If you meet the criteria, I say go for it!

    Krista- I laughed too when I realized it. It would be even funnier if it were named "Shining Throne, Enthralling Violet Eyes." Or S.T.E.V.E. ;)

    Ben- I didn't read anywhere in the rules that you could only enter once:) I'm in. I think I've only queried one of the agents involved.

    Connie- Thanks! I hope you're having a great day:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know, that sounds like an amazing opportunity. Go for it!! I love motivations like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. S.T.E.V.E. . . . snort. That's awesome. Write like the wind, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete