Thursday, April 5, 2012

Projects...and They Don't Involve Imaginary People...

So, this isn't Pinterest, but I wanted to share a few things I'm proud of accomplishing during spring break, because much as I would like to write in every spare moment, I have to do other stuff:

Master bath sinks unclogged. Did this this morning when the slow drainage finally got to be too much. I'll spare you the picture of the hairballs, but gross. So gross. 



Replaced Isaac's fan and added a light kit. Previously, he was using a bare bulb with the wire looped over the curtain rod, tied off on the fan speed chain. It's been like that since I tried to add a light kit a year ago and found lead had melted out of the fan speed switch in the inner fan workings. New fan, non-fire-hazard lights. We're 25% less PWT now.


I've been brainstorming about a headboard for over a year, ever since we gave the in-laws back their bedroom set when our households separated. After a few weeks of here a little, there a little, I finished this yesterday, took about 9 hours.


And the garden. Three cubic yards of compost is enough to stink up your whole neighborhood, if you wondered, but the plants are so much happier. I'm supposed to plant seedlings and some strawberry plants as well today, but I'm behind (read: not started on this week's word count) and heading out camping tomorrow morning with the young women from church. Lots of planning, supply inventory and purchasing going on there, too.

Eli and I made a power point presentation on Abraham Lincoln plus costume (kids were late for school that day).

Everything is a mess. Laundry is all over the living room, and the kids are on Spring break, which means they are occasionally going 48+ hours without changing clothes. We went to watch General Conference with Nathan's mom and stepdad this weekend (wearing clean, but casual, not necessarily matching clothes) and got there at 11:30. At 11:32 Nathan got a message from his stepmom asking if we had left yet. I called back and asked where we were supposed to have left for. Easter dinner at Mama's house! So we got in the car and drove to Mama's.

The only thing that would make this picture better is if I were wearing the turquoise plaid pajama pants I changed out of 30 seconds before we went over to Nathan's mom's house. (Twice a year, Mormons can watch church direct from Salt Lake on TV and listen to inspiring counsel. Pajamas are totally acceptable in our family!) Speaking of General Conference, I will be joining my fellow Mormon writers by blogging on April 9th about my favorite conference talk. I should get working on that...


What are you doing when you're not writing?

No comments:

Post a Comment