Saturday, May 15, 2010

Atlanta Writer's Conference

First up- Wheeeee! My pitch has been pitched, and it went as well as I had hoped it might in my dearest, happiest dreams.

I explained my premise, answered a few questions, handed over a writing sample and said, "Heck yeah! I'll mail you 50 pages!"

I told my husband that this might be enough to help me overcome my fear of the post office. I hate the post office. Maybe it's from some bad experiences taking the kids with me to mail Christmas presents.

I met some very nice writers, handed out my little cards and was given a children's book about how not to get abducted by aliens.

Happy Writing!

Me with my sample pages and
an agent's business card!

9 comments:

  1. Oh, that's awesome, Kelly! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! *smiling* - I used to hate the mailbox, but mine came from when I was sending out stories and queries - all those snarling snakes hiding in there to bit my hand when I reached in to pull out what could be rejections! laugh.... So nice to love my mailbox again ...

    You go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'm trying to just enjoy this nod, while not expecting too much to come of it. It would be so awesome to have the first agent I talked to sign me, and I could have a miraculous 0 rejection rate, but how likely is that? Not very, but I'm extremely happy with the interest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hooray!! crossing my fingers over here for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yippee! That's wonderful news. Good job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Amy! I am bursting with hope and scared to death about losing it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo, woohoo, woohoo! And when do we get to find out who the agent is? :)

    (WORD VERIFICATION: colob. Don't they know they misspelled it? :) )

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't want to jinx anything. Just know that he's at the top of my list. And it's not Nathan Bransford;) I like Nathan B, but my husband is Nathan Bryson, and I think that would just make my life too confusing.

    ReplyDelete